Pages

Monday 13 August 2018

Review: We Should All Be Feminists

We Should All Be Feminists We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An interesting essay on why feminism is needed and why it benefits people of all genders to be feminism. I think a few of things that Ngozi Adichie covers probably wouldn't apply to the UK - though, perhaps, it's better to say that sexism in Nigeria is more blatant than it is in the UK. Just because a waiter wouldn't completely ignore a woman, as they apparently do in Nigeria, in the UK doesn't mean they won't give the wine to the man to taste (I have no clue about wine, but it would be nice if waiters didn't just assume that).

I think this is the perfect read for anyone wondering why feminism is such a thing at the moment and why, whether they are a woman or a man, they should become involved with it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment