Pages

Thursday 18 July 2019

Review: Little Women

Little Women Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed re-reading Little Women but I just wasn't able to drum up enthusiasm for re-reading Good Wives. The March sisters learning lessons when they're teenagers is quaint but it gets a bit too much when they start to get into their 20s (the Good Wives part).

I actually didn't realise until I was well into my 20s that the UK differs from the USA in having parts one and two of Little Women as two separate books. I suspect that is now changing, particularly with a new film version is about to come out, as the Penguin classics version I read contains both books. As in the US editions, "Good Wives" is considered to be part two.

Little Women is a lovely book and I think a worthwhile read for all teenage girls (and boys). As I am nearly 40, I'm probably just too old to appreciate it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment