Pages

Saturday 20 April 2019

Review: The Silence Diarie

The Silence Diarie The Silence Diarie by Jennifer Kavanagh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book isn't out until October/November, but 100 copies have been published in time for British Yearly Meeting (an annual Quaker event) and I was lucky enough to be pick up one from the Quaker bookshop in Euston. However while Jennifer is a Quaker and the story will resonate with Quakers, the Silence Diaries aren't actually about Quakerism (overtly at least anyway).

For me, this book is about understanding who you are, recognising that who you are is not the necessarily same as who you tell people you are, and how we can never really know the inner life of someone else. It is also about finding your purpose and accepting that purpose can change or be multiple things.

I always enjoy Jennifer's writing (I've read her first novel, the Emancipation of B, and several of her non-fiction work). They're always the type of books that I'd like to write one day.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment