Pages

Monday 8 April 2019

Review: Pet Sematary

Pet Sematary Pet Sematary by Stephen King
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am rating this book because although I didn't quite finish it, I got near to the concluding part. I could see what was going to happen and, no, just no. King himself thinks this is his scariest book and that he was "horrified" by what he had written. The only reason it was published is because he owed a book to his publisher and this was the only thing he had.

It's a horrible book with an awful concept but it's well written and compelling. Had King not gone down the road he went down with this, it could have served as a poignant tale of coming to terms with death and grief. But, he did go down that road (which I think he now certainly questions whether that was the right thing to do) and I am so creeped out by this book that I don't want it in my house. It's going to the charity shop at the next available opportunity.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment