Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2019

Review: Carpe Jugulum

Carpe Jugulum Carpe Jugulum by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Quite sad that this is the last of Lancre Coven books - have managed to read all six in the series this year! Granny Weatherwax really is a brilliant character, which is actually a minus in some ways. When she's not part of the narrative, the books do lag and particularly so when the other witches in the coven aren't around either. That said, it's a pity Agnes Nitt never became a standalone character as she's (to me anyway) the most relatable of all the witches.

I did tell myself that having gone a bit mad reading all of Lancre Coven books this year, I wasn't going to get into any more Discworld series. But, I know myself too well to think I'll stick to that. But, iI'm not going to buy any more Discworld books this year at least....



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment