Pages

Saturday 23 February 2019

Review: Wyrd Sisters

Wyrd Sisters Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Pratchett's revisionist take on MacBeth (and, according to Wikipedia, Hamlet as well) is very well done - with digs at everything from the political elite to the acting world. Granny Weatherwax is as brilliant as she was in Equal Rites (the first "Witches" book). But, Wyrd Sisters has lots of other great characters to enjoy as well: the other two wyrd sisters (Nanny Ogg and Magrat), the Fool who keeps inadvertently showing he's actually quite bright, and Hwel the Dwarf, who constantly seems to be channelling Shakespeare.

I can see why people love Pratchett and Discworld so much. I don't think have the patience to read every single Discworld novel but I may continue to read the Witches stories.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment