Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2018

Review: The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 by Sue Townsend
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this years and years ago when I was about 10 or 11 (I might have been even younger), so I decided to re-read it on the suspicion that I hadn't got most of the jokes the first time round. Needless to say, I was right - there are many, many jokes you don't pick up until you're adult (and have gone through being 13 3/4 yourself...).

The biggest surprise is that Adrian isn't as big of a pillock as I thought. Obviously, he's an idiot but no more so that your average socially inept teenager. Plus, most of the characters are pillocks - even the beloved Pandora says some cringeworthy things.

There are some digs about Thatcher and other events of the time that I just about get the reference to (I was one at the time that the book is set to be fair). But, it's surprising (and disturbing) how many parallels we can draw with our current political climate.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Do you confront slow transaction issues in Bitfinex? Sometimes users have to deal with slow transactions, the reason might be high traffic or server problems. Get out of these errors in a hassle-free manner is the one thing one should think of. To get rid of such issues or to know the reason behind it, feel free to get in touch with the professionals by dialing Bitfinex customer care number
    AT-1833-228-1682 instantly. All your issues will be resolved quickly under skilled assistance. The professionals are available all day and night to support and assist the users in difficult times.
    Bitfinex Support Number

    ReplyDelete